Friday, February 14, 2014

11,12,13,14... it must be BLOODY VALENTINE!

Well this post is late & I must tell you I am HATING BLOODY VALENTINE, actually the highlight is attending the lovely host Holly's Vampire Day Soiree (oh and the red red rose I received from my babes Memphis & Trinity), I just want to say that things are not good in the land of love, as a matter of fact my youngest just broke up with her boyfriend, totally sucks I know, I swear if I was charmed by a creature of the night he wouldn't be stunning, seducing me to the dark side with his toothy smile, hypnotic charms and sink his teeth into my silky white pulsating throat so we could spend eternity together, he probably would look like a rat and attack my varicose veins on the back of my knees as I made a run for it & fell A over head on the mountainous pile of laundry in the hallway...

Anyway, late but still celebrating and doing it in conjunction with 29 Faces which has another 165 or so participants which I am s l o w l y visiting (I'm coming, truly!)...

Face 11 - Female Vampire 'Lunch' - on brown paper bag, something tickled me about doing a vampire on a lunch bag, and she is a bit of a messy eater too...
Face 12 - Male Vampire 'Dinner' - on recycled board. Looks like there may have been a little frenzied smorgasbord action for dinner by the glow of the street light. By the way, he has red eyes in the artwork, they seem to go black here... spooky :/

Face 13 and 14 - My mother made me... a doll.
I had a vision of this lonely vampire girl, locked away by her ever loving (bloodsucking) but well meaning mother... problem was, the sweet ebony haired girl got so lonely she once escaped, she made friends with another little girl down the street... Oh yes, but mommy dearest wasn't angry, but she realised the families well hidden secrets could have them run out of town if anyone found out, and they really had no intention on moving again... and every little girl needs a dolly.

Happy Bloody Valentine to all, & thank you, actually LOVE you for dropping by so much, that if you comment below I'll do a random draw & whoever wins can pick any one of the 29 Faces I complete in this Challenge - Good Luck, Drawn March 1 :)

35 comments:

Little Gothic Horrors said...

Okay, I was all set to wax lyrical about the top two paintings.... then my jaw hit the floor! Vampire girl and dolly... SQUEAL!!!! Love soooooooooo much!!! Sharing on FB!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are just bliss. A thousand things to settle the eye upon. Amazing.

Gina said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE...all these pieces...especially the creepy doll lol The lunch bag is a touch of genius :D XXX

Melancholy and Menace said...

Such gorgeous work, I adore the girl on the lunch bag :)

A wonderful addition to the soiree x

Mimi said...

Your faces are a lot of fun and so are your stories. They are expressionate and colorful too.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That remark about varicose veins and laundry made me laugh!

Rommy said...

LOL, not that I would use it as a lunch bag (that picture deserves to be hung up and framed!) but I am amused by the idea of what sort of lunch that bag would hold. Spaghetti in red sauce? Borscht? Red jelly doughnut? Love the artwork!

Debi said...

All your Art! I admire very much! I'm with you on the romance crap! That chubby , naked, archer can shove those poisonous arrows right up his bulbous ass!

Thank you dropping by my Grange! Hug your daughter!
All will be wonderful , after the weeding is done!
xoDebi

JFM said...

What can I say but...WOW!!! You are fantastic, Shelle!!!

I absolutely love the little vampire girl and her dolly...your talent knows no bounds, my dear friend!!!

Big Hugs
xoxoxo

GlorV1 said...

Well done on all. You work is awesome.

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Girl ;o) Happy Late Vampire's Day ;o) Big Bloody Kiss ;o) I am sorry for Trinity! Give her a hug for me! You had me laughing about your varicose veins! All your paintings are truly gothicly cool! That first one, just draws me in! She has wicked eyes! Big Hugs and lots of love ;o) xooxxo

Unknown said...

Fantastic!! They're all so good!

Ms Misantropia said...

I really like 'Lunch' - but I LOVE 'Doll'. It looks very professional, could be a book cover or on stationary.

SLScheibe said...

These are just awesome! I so love the first one especially. She's got those big dark eyes...

Faye said...

You are aa very talented artist, but what's with the ghastly interest in vampires?

Cindy D. said...

These are fantastically creepy! That scene under the streetlight is genius, and that creepy girl and doll, so great! Aaaaaaaah.

Magaly Guerrero said...

What a loving mother. She so adore her child that she even stitched the doll's lips together. Vampires don't like chatty dolls. Actually, I just made that up, but still, she looks precious.

My hugs to the newly single darling. Tomorrow will bring better hotties...

Rhissanna said...

Wow, ok. I love, love,love the girl with her doll and I love face 11, but most of all I'm delighted by the idea of a nasty, rodenty vampire making a lunge for my varicose veins. Beacause, yeah, that's probably the kind of undead I would get, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I adore these!!! It's so refreshing to see beautiful ugliness and you're so talented! Huge!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I love the stories that go with your pieces! You have a wonderful imagination--it is an imagination isn't it? Spooky how his eyes didn't show up red but then again, I am looking at them in daylight!

Kristin Dudish said...

Great post!
I love your expressive brushstrokes.
And, I agree there is something very funny about painting a vampire on a lunch bag! (So beautifully, I might add!)

xo
Kristin

Magaly Guerrero said...

You've been awarded some more of what you already have. You can find it here: http://www.magalyguerrero.com/2014/02/of-muse-narcissism-melted-witches-and.html

Robin said...

Your feelings on Valentine's Day really resonated with me...all the way to tripping over the laundry, lol!

Your faces are all awesome. The little girl and her new doll are precious. I think my daughter would love a doll like that :)

serendipity said...

3 fabulous faces, hard to know which I like the best, no - it's impossible. Maybe evil doll, cos she outcreeps anything.

JKW said...

I love your art. Especially the girl and her doll. I sell most of my Halloween aprons, pillows and dolls year round. Very popular genre. Blessings, Janet PPF

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelle, when I read this, "...he probably would look like a rat and attack my varicose veins on the back of my knees as I made a run for it & fell A over head on the mountainous pile of laundry in the hallway..." I just busted out laughing. That would be so my luck as well! You have such a fantastic sense of humor.

I'm so sorry to hear about your youngest babe. If I were a sexy creature of the night I would hunt her ex-boyfriend down and bite him, and not in that good more, more kind of way either. That would teach him not to mess with the girls.

Your artwork is so hauntingly gorgeous, I am in love with it for eternity! Happy belated valentines day, my Aussie goddess.

I wanted to tell you that I tried to reply to the last few comments you've left on my blog, but they keep coming back to me undelivered. Just want you to know I was thinking of you and appreciating your kindness and special brand of friendship. Hugs, Mina

Holly B. Strange said...

What fangtastic faces and such a sweet giveaway!
Speaking of which, you won mine! So expect an email soon. :)
Thanks so much for joining the soiree!

Unknown said...

I am with you on the blood. The bloodier the better.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Did I mention that I'm doing a little dance and thinking about the wee vampiress and her dolly? Just so you know. Yes, I'm random like that.

Clare Lloyd said...

Fabulous! I love the vampire lunch bag.

marilyn said...

I am smitten bitten.

Maria Medeiros said...

wow! I really love your pieces! Truly unique and dark. Love the depth. Wonderful!

Victoria said...

how gorgeous...you are such a beautifully-intense artist..these are all amazing and expressive..lady-vamp on brown paper bag totally captivated my gothic-heart!
Victoria

Lisa Graham Art said...

So many awesome faces...it is clear you have worked very hard! Family ties reminds me of many families I know.

Happy week to you!!

marilyn said...

Hello...I have been checking back to see who the lucky 'one' was in winning one of your faces. Have I missed it???