Saturday, April 22, 2017

"If I had a gun I'd shoot them"... RIP Grandma Mac... who (thankfully) never carried a gun.

I barely uttered a word in my childhood, content to absorb & scribble, now... now I have a sackful of words (most I can't spell and often have trouble pronouncing, and rhyming(?) well shit a brick, no hope)... any-who Ms Wicked's Dark Poetry for the Cruellest Month, 2017 has given us all a platform over the next few days to share what makes us... 'mad as a cut snake'... 

As a child things are like a picnic for a while, right(?)... before cracks open and 'danger danger Will Robinson' sweeps in & things don't make sense anymore, the world shifts... As a child, a boy that smiled when delivering fruit & cans of soup in brown paper bags to our home each week, played ball in the family's front yard, one week returned back to work to murder old Mrs Green, his employer at the corner grocery store, life... life rips innocence away, innocence is an illusion, arseholes are all around, seeping into a haven formally known as utopia to the uninitiated, and once spotted no child ever sees the world as safe again...  

I am angry that innocence and unbounded trust of youth is replaced by fear each and everyday, and what we are taught to value, goodness, consideration of others, respect, concern, being 'nice' to one another is always trumped by manipulation, deceit, control, corruption, greed... we are damaged by the dark side, if not... seduced.
Protest & Outrage dear ones, because the world has gone to hell in a handbag, and no wall is going to protect anyone, and seems like the good guys aren't the ones with guns, but they do have the words and art to rage on.


 Thanks for visiting... I'll post ya soon, working on my solution to make the world a better place ;)



13 comments:

ike said...

Fabulous picture and how true your story :-(

Debra She Who Seeks said...

All so very, very true. Exquisite art, as always!

Khaya Ronkainen said...

I am angry to Shelle, "... that innocence and unbounded trust of youth is replaced by fear. What a sick world we live in! A well-written and moving story. Love the artwork!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Your outrage and deep sense of loss is shared, my dear Shelle. The world is being hurt by so many, stabbed in the eye for no understandable reason... And those who are supposed to make things better seem to only want to continue the eye-gouging. We shall art, with our teeth (and scissors) bare.

I love, love, love these two girls.

Rommy said...

The story you told was as chilling as your art is beautiful. It's hard to keep the energy up to fight the good fight, but art can help people find the inspiration to rise up and fight again.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I love the artwork its soo incredibly beautiful and reflects the emotions which your words carry. Beautifully executed.

Susie Clevenger said...

Gorgeous artwork! My innocence was stolen when I was five years old by an uncle who sexually abused me. The older I get the more I roar about injustice.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Darling girl, you have said what my heart feels in a very special way. Thanks for your good heart and story filled with wisdom words. And your painting is so dear and true. Love all you do but not as much as I love you. xoxo Oma Linda

Little Gothic Horrors said...

That story was chilling, Shelle! It's a horrible world indeed, but as I was discussing with our Magaly recently, the internet, which can of course be a force for ill, has also brought our little band of misfits together. And together we shall fight the good fight! ♥

I love your artwork (as always!!!), and the 'danger danger Will Robinson' reference just makes me love YOU all the more!! ;) ♥ ♥ ♥

POINTYPIX said...

Well you've managed to convey very poetically what so many people are feeling about the world we live in these days. Having grown up in Northern Ireland in the 70s & 80s during the troubles there was a lot about life that we accepted as normal (soldiers and police with guns checking handbags as you went shopping) that I only realised later were not normal at all for the rest of the UK. Your art as always blows me away, such beautiful images with a real depth and poignancy.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Rage on, indeed! You've set us a very good example.

Gina said...

Me and Grandma Mac.....I am probably the reason they choose not to allow us to carry guns n the UK....zero fucks given for arseholes ;) XXX

Magic Love Crow said...

So very very sad Shelle! I feel your words and your painting!
(Love you my friend! Big Hugs!)